August 17, 2012

End of Summer Thoughts

With only a week of summer left, here are some of my thoughts.

The first feeling I'm having is that I'm ready to go back to school. I know it sounds crazy, but there's only so much purpose you can find for 16+ hours of a day. The purposes I do find for those hours also sometimes feel like a waste. For example, watching hours of YouTube videos a day doesn't really make me feel like I accomplished anything.

The second feeling is that I don't want to go back to school. Yes, I have those reasons to go back, but there is also the fact that I will have less free time. Especially since I am going to have some harder classes (AP US. History and Honors English -- for which I still need to read/annotate The Crucible) which will require a lot of at home work time. Then you add in Cross Country almost every day after school and you end up spending 12+ of your 16+ hours doing stuff for school.

Now, there is a reason I would like to have some free time now. My urge to write has returned and so I'm working on getting A Conjurer's Writings back up and running. There I've written some fan fiction stories and now wish to continue them. The other major writing event is NaNoWriMo in November. Maybe this year I will be able to write the 50k word novel in the month of November. I didn't do very well last year.

Let me know what you think of what we've been doing. If it all goes okay we'll hopefully be able to post pretty regularly, even once school starts. Of course, if we can't do it when we have lots of free time, how are we going to do it when we have barely any? XD

Cameron 
The Lost One

Ps. We started afternoon practices for Cross Country this week... and I've discovered that running in the heat is a lot harder. Especially since it was all the steep hill workout. I also have my first meet tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be too bad. Won't be surprised if I'm still the last person to finish. *shrugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment