June 9, 2012

Update and Ranting about the Dentist

It's Tyler again, and I've decided that I will post regularly on Saturdays. That means I only get to confound you all once a week. Anyways, I will start every post will a something random and what I have to say about it, then I will continue with the post on a more or less single subject. So here we go.

Seeing a spider isn't a problem. It becomes a problem when it disappears. (Read this somewhere, not sure where, though). I read this just after finding what I believe to be a black widow in my basement. I never killed the spider, and I'm now extremely paranoid about going into my basement.


Today, I'm going to rant about the dentist. Very many rant-worthy things happen at the dentist, even at a routine cleaning. First, they lay a heavy bib type thing on you so they can blast dangerous wavelengths at your face to check for cavities. They will walk out of the room to protect themselves, while leaving you to the full devastation of the x-rays. After that, they stick their fingers in your face and start shoving sharp metal objects around. As I am sure you all know, this can be very annoying. You have to hold your mouth open and avoid swallowing and screwing it all up. The best way to do this is to time it right when there are no hands or objects in your mouth. Sometimes, the dentist appears to test how strong your will power is and stay in your mouth until you swallow. And we never know just how wide they are grinning about your discomfort due to the bright light in your eyes. But of course you always get free stuff at the end. As if floss makes is adequate compensation.

When I recently went, I got my wisdom teeth looked at. They are coming along quite slowly up top, but the bottom is a different story. One side is perfectly fine, even great. On the other side, the tooth is completely sideways, and pointing down a bit. It has no roots yet, but once those start to develop.... Ouch does not adequately describe. So I get to go to an oral surgeon to get the bottom two removed within a month or it starts to be a big problem. My dentist has already rated the difficulty of removing the tooth a nine of ten (ten being the hardest). But the top teeth aren't ready to be removed yet. That means I get to go through the process of having wisdom teeth removed a second time in a few years. Joy.

That's all for now, but next week I will talk about what great things I've done after the departure of my foreign exchange student. I will probably have to explain that I had one in the first place, but whatever.

Until next time,
Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment